SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieasc

Kitchen - basic update help needed

julieasc
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My kitchen is confused and needs help. When we bought it, the kitchen hadn't been touched in a decade, and the beadboard was dark brick red. Within a month, I painted it all white. We live in a starter neighborhood but will be here a while, so I'd like to be mindful of costs and not out-stepping the neighborhood. People in my area do a lot of this honey-colored wood cabinet, and while I like the shaker-style, I'm not of fan of the honey color. The floor is outdated, but very common also, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to change it too. My ceilings are low (7.5'). I'm finally at the point where I could paint the walls and cabinets and change out the countertop, finishes, light fixture and backspash (currently all brick veneer), and I would love your advice.

[I wrote this in a post below to give more detail:] My guess is that we'll be here for another decade. The flooring in the rest of my house is a honey hardwood. I live in a cape-style house. My appliances are being updated to stainless steal one by one as they break. The dishwasher is on the short list. The refridgerator is black but will also change in the next few years.

Comments (2)