SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmpsd

Input on bathroom makeup counter, medicine cabinets, and countertops

dmpsd
6 years ago

Hello. We are going to embark on a master bathroom remodel because our shower pan is leaking. This is coming on the heels of a kitchen remodel due to a dishwasher leak. :-(. The decorator recommended putting in a makeup counter and eliminating the medicine cabinets.

Looking for general input on whether makeup counters are something people like or dislike. I have a number of friends who have recently added makeup counters in their master bath remodels, but I walked through 9 model homes yesterday and noticed none had makeup counters. Also, while I get that they aren't super attractive, medicine cabinets seem super functional to me. Thoughts?

Finally, any general advice on countertop choices? I noticed all 9 model homes used quartz in the bathrooms (even with granite or quartzite in the kitchen). I usually prefer the look of natural stone to quartz, but am thinking there is a reason everyone else is choosing quartz?

Thanks for any input. To the extent it matters, we live in San Diego and housing is semi-pricey -- maybe $425-450/square foot.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths