SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mabereno

Kitchen peninsula lighting dilemma

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm looking for some price-friendly suggestions for lighting over a small peninsula (max. 54" long). There is only one junction box available in that area and I'm having difficulty finding appropriate lighting options.

The kitchen has a tray ceiling section (where fluorescent lights were previously housed) soon to be outfitted with cove lighting. 4 pot-lights are planned in the 21" strip of ceiling surrounding the cove. I'm also planning to have under-cabinet task lighting. The ceiling-to-floor height is 86".

This is a rendering of the existing kitchen dimensions:

The wall with the pass-through will be mostly removed leaving only approx. 30" on the left hand side. The 2'6" side wall on the right hand side must remain (it carries electrical etc. between floors of the condo building). That is the wall to which the the peninsula will be attached. Cabinetry and appliances will run in an L-shape along the other walls. The tray ceiling is 48"X48" and centred above.

Cabinetry will be Ikea Bodbyn, off-white, with a white quartz counter and 2X12 aqua glass tiles in a stacked pattern as a backsplash. I would say my style is transitional. I should also mention that the peninsula will be a work area so good lighting is a requirement.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Comments (2)