SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

How to choose between blinds or shades?

6 years ago

I'm ready to get rid of the long drapes in my living room. I want something simple and clean. So I'm thinking either white wooden blinds or a honeycomb shade? I dont really need the shades for privacy back here, people arent usually peeking in the windows and I have a tall hedge to block the neighbors behind is from seeing in. Sometimes the sun does shine into the room in the later afternoon and it can be unpleasant when trying to watch TV. I have 2 windows. The interiors are about 31.5" wide and the shades/blinds would need to be about 60" long.
I've only had cheap vinyl blinds before and I hate how dusty they can get and hard to clean. I'll admit I am not the greatest housekeeper and I dont do alot of dusting. I also have a chocolate lab who likes to get on the couch and look out the window. Are wooden blinds more of a pain to clean?
As an aside - I have 2 narrow windows in my kitchen on either side of the range. I'd like to have a fabric shade on these windows, but what do do about the grease/residue from cooking? Do they make anything with a waxy coating that you could wipe off easily? I think I could use a pattern here on these windows to add some depth.

Comment