SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
banjo_ream

FLF leaf drop, losing pigment with no yellowing or browning

Jessica
6 years ago

My fiddle leaf fig has dropped over a dozen lower leaves. Each of them start with splotches where pigment is lost; it looks like a chalky, pale green. Eventually, the whole leaf turns this color and drops:

Here is a picture of a leaf that fell off from the front. This one isn't that bad, because most of them are completely pale and shriveled, but this one still has some healthy green:

Here is the back of the same leaf:

I've never seen anything like it, because there's no yellowing or severe browning before they turn and it happens very suddenly. It usually takes 3 days between when I notice a new spot to seeing it take over the whole leaf. Some of the leaves have browning, but many of them just start with this hypo-pigmenting. The top leaves look OK, but I'm not sure if it's a fungus or general treatment. I would be grateful for any help, because I can't find an identical problem online anywhere. I posted all the details of lighting, soil, and watering on this post in Container Gardening:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/4930139/never-seen-a-fiddle-leaf-fig-with-this-problem-before-help?n=1

Comment