SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czarinalex

Driving cross-country

czarinalex
6 years ago

My dh and I will be leaving PA next Wednesday and driving to our condo in southern CA. We have lots of stuff to bring out there and we'll be renovating the kitchen mostly DYI. We bought a mini-van, those stow and go seats are great!

We have done lots of driving vacations over the years, but haven't done a cross-country trip since college in the late 70's. That one was mostly camping. No camping this time... hotel stays along the way. My DH and I both like driving, so we'll be sharing time behind the wheel.

We have mapped out a fairly aggressive schedule. Our plan is to drive approximately 500 miles every other day. On the 'off' day, we'll be driving in the morning only, stopping to spend the afternoon in our chosen locations. We'll be spending afternoons in Knoxville, TN; Van Buren, Ark.; Amarillo, TX and Santa Fe, NM. We plan on spending 2 days in the Grand Canyon. Final stop in Palm Springs, CA before heading out to the coast.

Anybody here done something similar? Suggestions? Ideas? Are we crazy? We'll be driving back again in April. :-)

Comments (30)