SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vantekare

What beachy color can I use with a red tin roof? Help!

Jill Doying
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We bought an adorable plantation house in Hawaii, built in 1957, and renovated the interior to look like a 1950's beach house. The walls and ceiling inside are white painted wood and we refinished all the original wood floors. My accent colors are sea-glass blue, green and turquoise. Now its time to spiff up the exterior. The problem is the roof color. Its there to stay for years to come yet and its a terra-cotta red. The previous owners painted the trim red (I really dislike red). I want to change the trim to something more fun, and in keeping with the interior. Would turquoise look funny on the doors and trim? If I start slowly and just paint the doors, what color should I choose? The two doors in the carport are an aweful dirty white. The front door is white (I'm replacing it). People I talk to say to keep the traditional red and white because of the roof but I want a pretty house like people with blue roofs have in my little neighborhood. I even thought of painting all the doors a different shade of blue or green. Help!

Comments (2)