SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icebear787

Fairy Castle cactus turning brown

icebear787
6 years ago

I’ve recently got a fairy castle cactus (I think) and I had it in a south facing window, but had to move it because of my roommate putting up a large window covering that he refused to take down. He also broke the pot it was in (in the process of putting up said covering and I had to hurriedly move it into a larger pot because he neglected to tell me until a day after it happened.

I think it could be temporary as a result of reporting shock and drastic change in environment, or as a result of overwatering, because my roommate routinely pours his leftover drinks onto it. I may prune back some of the stalks if you think it is necessary, and will look into the roots as soon as I can.

what do you guys think, should I prune it back/ prune the potentially rotted roots, or something else I haven’t mentioned?

Needless to say I am furious at said roommate, he and his cat have already killed a good dozen houseplants that he gets and I take care of, so if there is any way of keeping cats off of houseplants please tell me as well.

In a nutshell how do I save it.

Comments (4)