SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

European fashions

sleeperblues
6 years ago

After glancing through the replies on Annie's "Polished?" thread, I decided to post what I saw in Europe fashion-wise. BTW, that picture appeared to be European in origin to me, especially the wonderful addition of the cig butts. The women in Paris are really fashionable, but not over the top. I expected to see tons of Louis Vuitton and Chanel handbags, but the only women I saw carrying them were Asian tourists. Asian tourist fashion-that's a whole other story. Talk about over the top expensive. Back to the Parisians--a lot of scarves as accessories, and nice shoes. I don't know how they walk those cobbled streets with their nice shoes, but they do.

Croatian fashion is completely different, and what I personally thought of as tacky. Fur on their shoes (even gym shoes or "trainers" as they call them) and lots of metallic coats and faux leather leggings. Went shoe shopping with DD because she wanted to find some cute but sensible shoes for teaching, and it took us about 4 shoe shops to find anything suitable and not tacky.

I tried to fit in, especially with the Parisians, but I had to wear my gym shoes, pegging me as American. But we walked about 17,000-27,000 steps a day, and I got blisters even with my gymmies. and yes, we did use public transport but there is still a lot of walking.

Comments (5)