Water proofing a printed paper

Abid Raza Toronto Canada

I want to print something from my printer on an ordinary printing paper, glue this paper on a plastic or wooden board and then spray it with some transparent material so that rain can't damage the printing. I also want it to be sun proof so that prolonged sun exposure will not fade the printing. thanks

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jim Mat

There are sprays available, do you have a question, or are you letting us know what you are doing?

Save    
Abid Raza Toronto Canada

No I am not telling anything , I am asking which spray I can use to make printed paper waterproof. I want to post an ad outside. or perhaps water proof papers is another option, what is the best option. thanks

Save    
Jim Mat

I do not know of a spray to make paper waterproof, there are sprays to make paper moisture resistant. Waterproofing paper is difficult. Clear contact paper maybe more water resistant than sprays. There are clear contact papers with uv available.

Your local hardware store, that sells spray paint should be able to help you, if you want a moisture resistant uv spray. Krylon is a brand available is the US. If you know how to use Google, search for "moisture uv resistant spray".

If you want to place/post an ad outdoors in the weather I recommend using "paper" designed for that purpose. That paper is a speciality item, I suggest contacting your local printer. In the US, there are businesses that print advertisements for outside use. If you have a local backpacking store, ask if they sell things to make topo (topography) maps water resistant. Additionally, an office supply store sells sleeves that may work.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech How to Rescue Your Water-Damaged Photos
Learn the tools you need and the steps to take to save photos that have been damaged by exposure to water
Full Story
Tastemakers 3D Printing Takes Furnishings to New Heights at ICFF 2013
See how three-dimensional printing, laser cutting and other innovative technologies are changing the face of furnishings
Full Story
Most Popular 11 Ways to Age-Proof Your Bathroom
Learn how to create a safe and accessible bathroom without sacrificing style
Full Story
Old-style customer service is our top priority. We’ve been in business since 1994 – over 2 decades serving... Read More
Designs & Interiors by The Upholstery Shop has been proudly leading the residential and commercial interior... Read More