SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
che11e

Need new HVAC looking for Recommendation & Brands

che11e
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I posted previously about a preventative maintenance gone wild. Well it got more wild. Our compressor died & due to the age of the unit, we need to look into purchasing a new system. (split system-htp pump & AC) I still can't think straight over the sticker shock of about 10k. We have three companies coming out to give bids. Currently we have lennox. One company used only Amana, which is a name we have heard of, but not with HVAC. I didn't see too many positive reviews. But I did notice they have lifetime warranty. That always inst a great deal if you have constant problems and it only covers parts. The other companies use lennox & trane. We plan on living here the next 10-20 yrs. We don't want junk, but we don't want the Cadillac. We will have to fiance some of this cost. Although we love modern technology, whenever we purchase a new washer, dryer, etc, we look for the one with the least amount of electronics because they seem so hard to fix. We are looking for good advice on this purchase , as it is a very huge investment.

Comments (24)