SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Where to find men's clothes that have proper sizing.

neetsiepie
6 years ago

My DH is very broad through the chest and shoulders. For years he wore an XL in shirts-Tee shirts, flannels, even casual shirts. I'd buy him 17" dress shirts on the rare occasions he'd need a dress shirt.

He's in need of new work tee-shirts and needs flannels and over shirts but I'm having an impossible time finding things that fit him! I was at Costco and they had flannels out so I thought I'd pick him up a half dozen-but when I picked up the XL I could see that there was no way they'd fit him. They honestly looked like they were a size medium. I looked at the limited stock of 2xl and those were also tiny. So small, in fact, that a woman who was trying on shirts for herself was shocked when the mens XL didn't fit her. I'd say she was maybe a womens size 14, too.

I dug through his shirts and found an XL tee shirt I'd bought him at least 10 years ago and laid a new 2xl tee shirt I'd bought him recently on top of it and the new shirt was far, far smaller. The same with his Columbia sport shirts-his years old XL are getting shabby, so I have been searching for new ones, but the new XL's will not fit.

I've tried buying the 'big and tall' XL but they're a joke-they are still small through the body but the arms are just a lot longer. If I am able to find a 3xl (which I have to hide the tags or he has a conniption) they're so big and boxy they look ridiculous on him.

I'm to the point where I'll order him tee-shirts and over shirts on line-but I need to know that the sizes are going to fit. His belly has gotten bigger, but his shoulders and chest are still the same width they've always been. Today's XL's (and even 2x) just don't even go over his shoulders! Any suggestions for us?

Another point that fries my cookies is that the sizes above XL cost more. But they're not even bigger than the old XL! I noticed a womens line lately that had XL as being 14-16. Since when was that an XL? It was always an L for years! I've heard of vanity sizing but this is ridiculous.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH