SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojomom

Why am I so blah about the new house?

mojomom
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We're coming down to the wire and while honestly I love the house, but I just shake this BLAH feeling. Perhaps it's just because because we are building remotely and it is such a big change. Moving 1200 miles away from the town we've lived in 33+ years, while moving my Mom (and her cats) seems so daunting. My job is changing as I will be working remotely.

i do love our new town (been visiting for 30 years and have had a second home there for the last 19 years) and I am very excited to be near DD and our new DGS.

But still I can't shake the blah feeling and don't know why. Maybe because everything I hear about the house these days is a (minor) problem that needs to be remedied. Maybe because I am second guessing firishing and design choices, maybe it's budget -- over, but rationally I know we can afford it. I just don't know. Maybe I am worried about how the remote working situation will work out or that I find it distressing that DH really doesn't want to work at all even though he lucked into what seems to be a perfect 2 days a week job (we are the same age).

Maybe the finish is just anticlimactic. Or the stress of feeling like I am responsible for pleasing everyone --Mom, DH, DD! DSIL, and feel like I fail every time some little thing goes wrong or one of them is unhappy about something,

Anyone else experiencing this feeling? I want to be excited, but honestly just don't care anymore. I hope this feeling passes.

Sorry for the pity party. I think I just needed to vent. I'm sure it will be great someday.

Comments (15)