SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheath59

Bye Bye Oak! What to use instead of the arched doors? Grainless/glass?

Classic Comfort
6 years ago

Hello Houzz Advisors! I have solicited help for my kitchen before (Thank you for your help!), but I'm starting a new post for additional questions. I'm updating our orange oak cabinets by replacing upper doors with square panels and white paint to match our trim.

1. New Door Material - Would you order a non-oak, grainless door for all the upper boxes, as we are going to try and hide the grain with the lowers and boxes? Or will that finish differently from the lower doors we keep (I'm thinking of painting the island a darker color - BM Iron Mountain). If going grainless, what wood would you recommend?

2. Glass - Two of the doors on the left over the desk house glass panels, which I love. Would you add glass to additional uppers? If so, which doors would you change to glass to create interest/depth? Would you do clear glass or frosted to hide potential clutter?

3. Inner boxes and shelves - Think it's important to paint the insides and the shelves? Some of the posts have shown diff color insides which creates some nice depth...

Anyone know an app that allows me to change the appearance in the photo?

Thank you!

Classic Comfort

Comments (10)