SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Sorting, Packing and Saying Good-bye after 24 years

DLM2000-GW
9 years ago

We knew this day was coming and actually I've been s-l-o-w-l-y preparing for a few years. The boys are now big hairy men living far away, and it's time to move on to a new lifestyle in a new place and shake things up a bit! We had an accidental almost FSBO when a couple knocked on our door in July and wanted to buy our house but the deal fell apart. However it was a good kick in the pants and we dusted ourselves off and got ready to try again, this time with a realtor. We got lucky, 3 showings in 2 days and the first people to see it made an offer that was good, we negotiated back and forth a bit and have a contract - closing to be 11/15.

Over the years I've posted photos of various things or rooms and had wonderful help here but my pictures don't compare to what the photographer did - she was awesome. And it's really a shame they'll never be seen - we never made it to the mls - so I'll share here. I'm not terribly sentimental but there is not a corner of this house that we left unchanged - it has our blood, sweat and tears and a lot of love throughout and I am getting weepy pretty regularly now! We'll rent for a while, figure out where we want to be (somewhere in western NC) then find another house that needs love or maybe build. Many of you were my cheerleaders and inspiration through projects years ago and I hope you will be again when I can't see the forest for the trees! Here are the listing pics

ps - if anyone in the Chicago area wants to buy furniture, we're selling quite a bit

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing photos

This post was edited by dlm2000 on Thu, Oct 2, 14 at 22:01

Comments (46)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022