SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_hayden_esq

Ventahood Magic Lung vs Best IQ range hoods

Bill Purcell
6 years ago

Greetings:

I have another question for the collective. I am trying to decide on a range hood insert into some custom cabinetry that we will be building over our 60" range. As a result I will need at least a 60" range hood if not larger. From what I can tell, the best options in that size for inserts into custom cabinetry are the Ventahood Magic Lung model (BH4XXPSLXSS) or the Best IQ model (CP57IQ). My kitchen is on the first floor of a two story house and since this is a renovation the best that I know to do as far as the ventilation pathway goes is to run the ventilation piping out of the range hood and up into the interstitial space between the first and second floors where I can then run the piping approximately 10' through the interstitial space and terminate the piping with a wall cap on the outside rear wall of my house. The routing through the interstitial space obviously disallows my usage of an inline blower and my wife would kill me if I mounted an external blower in the middle of a rear wall on our house. Additionally, troubleshooting that could turn out the be a problem in the future should problems arise since the wiring would run through that interstitial space that is not normally accessible. Thus, an internal blower arrangement is my best and only option.

Getting that out of the way, I am torn between these two models. I have read all of the old threads on the VAH ML and there is definitely a love hate relationship with that blower arrangement. There isn't nearly as much out there on the Best line, presumably because it is a newer setup. The Best IQ hood definitely has a more conventional blower/baffle setup for better or for worse. The main consideration is obviously the performance and ease of maintenance of the range hood but noise level is also a consideration. Thus, what are the thoughts on these two range hoods as to if either is better for my particular application? Are there any others I should consider? Thank you in advance.

And before anyone says it, I am planning on a MUA system with this sized vent hood as far as power is concerned so that should not be an issue.

Comment (1)