SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
splither

Split Leaf Philodendron Stagnant?

splither
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/Snizs

I got this split leaf from the nursery about two months ago and it's become pretty stagnant lately. In this time the stems have grown a little (less than an inch probably), 3 new leaves have unrolled (2 of them I'm pretty sure where there when I bought it, just haven't rolled out yet), 2 of the 3 new leaves are small (although those 2 are from a part of the plant where every leaf is small), and as you can see there's only 2 total splits. 1 was from when I bought it and the other was from an unrolled leaf that was there during the time it was purchased.

Otherwise I think the plant is doing alright. Some browning on a couple tips, but it's been like that for a while and it hasn't worsened. There are these long nodes I took a pictures of. Those are noticeably growing longer, albeit slowly. Not sure what that means or what to do with them. I just let them grow.

Just worried that the plant isn't particularly growing much taller and there are no new leaves or stems. Been like that for about a month now. In the last pic you can see where I have it. North facing window on the right side of the picture, west on the left. I actually originally had the plant directly in front of that west facing window for a solid 2-3 weeks and it didn't do anything, for better or worse. I water roughly once a week, when the soil is dry a couple inches down. I use my aquarium water, which my other plants seem to enjoy. Other than this one pothos that got worse no matter what I did. I've been misting every day for the last 2 weeks, since I've been trying to propagate succulents and they're right next to each other.

Anyway, should I be worried that there's been no growth for a month with no signs of new life/leaves?

I'm new to plants in general, so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Comment

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH