SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcc371

Fall Seed Exchange Swap with a "WISH"

mcc371
6 years ago

Fall Seed Exchange with a "WISH"

Seed swap-- Dead Line is: NOVEMBER 3,2017

Can be any type of seeds - Veggie, trees, shrubs, flowers, herbs, etc. Seeds can be commercial or seeds you have harvested. Please send seeds that are between 2015-2017. All seeds must be viable dry seeds.

Send as many packets of seeds as you like: Send all of one kind, or all different kinds.

Be SURE to add shipping for returning your seeds. You can send money or stamps. Any money or stamps not used will be returned to you. Padded Envelope is preferred and you must either send an extra envelope or I will try to use envelope you sent your seeds in to return them to you.

There will be no swapping until all packages are received. (Some of my swaps in the past have topped 100 people. Let's aim for that again) I will let everyone know when all packages are received.

I will do a "wish list" of seeds received that have been sent in. You may then request up to number you sent in. first one to post request is first to receive those seeds. (Please remember I am not the seed fairy)

Dates and dead lines: Swap starts NOW and all packages must be in by NOVEMBER 3,2017

I am always ask what amount to send and how to send it, and what amount is a fair trade. SO.....

to me a fair trade would be what I'd feel like getting back. I'm not a seed counting person. I use a tea spoon and put some in a bag. If it's a large seed just use good judgment, and please remember we are not all born with a green thumb and sometimes we need enough seeds to try again. (But if you must count let's say....20-25 seeds per seed package.)

Rules (guess we need some, so here goes)

1. Seeds must reach here by dead line (I say this every time but I'm very adjustable and will accept people on the list if they hurry right up to the dead line-but you must email me and tell me your seeds are on the way)

2. Seeds must be in individual packets (make you own, buy some, doesn't matter to me) and size of your bag is up to you.

3. Please try and put at least 20-25 seeds pre packet (bag). (I know sometimes it's hard to squeeze that many big seeds in a small packet, but please try.)

4. Be sure to add your (SASE ) or postage and label for return of your seeds.

5. Be sure your seeds are dry and in a good swapping condition, if you send seeds that get here moldy, crumbly, etc. you'll get those back. Mark your seeds with all info known - name of seed, date harvested, zone if known, and your GW ID so if receiver has questions they can contact you.

6. Send any thing you like, a large assortment or all of one kind, doesn't matter to me. Just remember, if we all send in sunflowers, then we all get back sun flowers.

7. Yes, you can send as many as you like, 100, 200, 10, your choice. I haven't made mine up yet so I can't tell you how many I'll be swapping. I usually do at least 100. Just makes for more to please every one with. So....GO FOR IT!

I will as packages come in, post the names of the ones received. I will then post a wish list of seeds up for grabs and we may even have some bonus seeds to share as well. So, Get those seeds on the way so we can all make some "WISHES"

If you want (in) list your name here and mail seeds to:

Tammy McClearen

Box 1921

Seminole, Texas 79360

Private messages are welcome, if you have questions or concerns.

GW ID: mcc371

Comments (320)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths