SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabjigarden

Trade list / wish list/ giveaway list, for Raleigh fall swap 2015,

Hello folks.. I know I know I am wayyyy early..

All this talk for the fall swap has made me dizzy..

I want to be more organized this time around ; famous last words...

Start your collections and make a list..

Triangle John ( one runs this swap thing, successfully for many many years!!) will post the date of the fall 2015 swap when he get a confirmation..

so,... here it is.. start posting, the plant material to trade, giveaway, acquire, etc.

It can be plants, pods, vines, fruits, vegetables, herbs, cuttings rooted/ non rooted, bareroot, seeds, tubers journal books magazines etc. pertaining to gardening, Containers, ... you get the picture.

Do not hesitate to bring anything you have extra.. even if you feel you had brought it in the earlier swaps and no one looked at it..They are always a few new faces.

We always have more than enough plants and many people who adopt castaway plants.. I am one of them.. I have adopted a cactus too!! ...

Let the games begin... YAy!!!

I will post a seperate thread for food,..

Comments (265)

• trianglejohn
    8 years ago

Years ago I got one of Brenda's seedling apricots. It quickly grow into a shapely tree and blooms its head off every winter. Lisianthus - your mama's gonna want it to make Umeboshi.

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked trianglejohn
  • Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hello Brenda-near -eno

Is it possible for me to get the Amorphophallus? I would love to grow one. Let me know what you would like from my trade list I can give it to Scott to bring it to you.

If you still have the curly willow, I would like a few cuttings of it please.. Thanks!!

Hope to see you in spring swap!!

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Raleigh Swap Wish List 2

Q

Comments (150)
    vicky- i don't want to dig up any of my plants, but they have lots of seed set and i could bring that for you. the lady i got mine from had lots of seedlings, so i presume they seed fairly easily. mine just haven't reseeded around much yet. dogridge- sounds great. we can get the boulder either in our van or pete can run home & grab the truck if need be- we live close to this swap. karen- the betsy's choice sounds great. i can overwinter it in the cool greenhouse and get it in the ground come spring if you think that would be wiser. unless we get rain, i doubt i'd out it in the ground anyhow. i lost too many newly planted things to the drought this year.
    ...See More

Raleigh 2014 Spring Swap - Trade List

Q

Comments (92)
    carolina kate, i hadn't done the cuttings yet but will try to stick some in the next week or so for you so that if we have a later one i may have something rooted for you! and if not, it'll only be about 6 weeks or so til seeds.... hope you feel better soon! crossing fingers it gets all the wind and the worst of the rain out of its system, at least during our active times. sure will make things easier for all of us!
    ...See More

Trade list / wish list/ giveaway list, for spring swap Yay!!!

Q

Comments (95)
    Hey John, Good to know !!!! I thought it was a winter hardy one.. along with Wonderful.. Well you saved me again!!! I will see if I can buy another Russian from our Local nursery( that is if they have any in the fall). I did go to the farmer's market to pick up a Persimmon for My friend.... who grow a lot of Indian vegetables and Are getting into growing fruits... I get a lot of Tips for indian veggies from them as they have farms in India. They are the ones who provide me the seed for my veggies :-) The farmer's Market guy has a pomegranate, but is not Russian. Not sure what cultivar it is. He does not know either.. I am guessing Wonderful as that is what seems popular.
    ...See More

Raleigh Fall Swap has been posted

Q

Comments (7)
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/3232262/trade-list-wish-list-giveaway-list-for-raleigh-fall-swap-2015?n=64 The swap list that Sabji started kind of morphed into the overall trade list. Hope to see ya on the 26th!
    ...See More
  • anna_8nc
    8 years ago

I just found our today that I could attend, I'm getting into the game late.

Alana, I could dig a few roots of asparagus, Jersey Supreme. I would take some scabiosa.

Sabji, I have one nice rosemary plant and can bring any amount of garlic chives, white flowered. I would like two blackberry cuttings and some lemon grass if you have any not promised.

Casalester, I will take some Cleome spinosa and Lobelia cardinalis seeds.

I won't have much to bring, but if anyone would like them I have peppermint, apple mint, spearmint, chives, and garlic chives. I will also bring some iris.

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked anna_8nc
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hey Anna

I would love the rosemary and garlic chives... other chives, Apple mint and iris ( bearded or not hehe). I can certainly bring you a rooted lemon grass and thornless blackberry cuttings. The spearmint, I am on a quest for the right one, I have 3 different tasting ones, but what the heck, bring it on, :-) I am so glad you are able to make it.

Original Author
    8 years ago

If anyone needs Marrubium vulgare, from the lamiaceae family, called Horehound, ( see picture in the gardening forum) under what is this ? I can bring that too. it was there when we moved in this home. so with us for a loong time.. Guaranteed perrenial.

Does anyone have any lavender Plants?

Still looking for it.

Original Author
    8 years ago

Welcome, Scott Johnson and son, Lane, to the Raleigh fall 2015 swap and to the forum..You will meet all like minded, Fun loving, and wonderful folks ; Some more green thumbs than others, yet, all are eager to getting down and dirty and growing things.

Just make yourselves comfortable.

John is the glue that holds us all together, like an extended family meeting for a reunion. except it meets twice a year.. hehe . I am sure you will enjoy it so much that whether you are delegated or not, you will love to come again.

• elsiefay
    8 years ago

Anyone want: Aster alpinus [tall.lavender]

I do have all the orders ready to go.

Sabji; I need very few seed. TOMORROW IS OUR DAY.

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked elsiefay
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Elsiefay,

I would love the purple Aster tall. I saw these in school ( India). Beautiful..

I can still bring something else for you. Or I can (IOU) in spring.

Tomorrow , tomorrow !!

Original Author
    8 years ago

Hello Mr. Rain,Could you be a bit gentle on us at the swap???

You can pour at night, more if you like. We are truly grateful.. you have showed up, although a bit late.....

• elsiefay
    8 years ago

I will add your purple aster.Rain or shine.See you their.

• Ralph Whisnant
    8 years ago

I have rooted 8 - 10 each of over a dozen really pretty coleus and a several other tender perennials (Pereskia "Lemon Vine', quad-color Wandering Jew, several Plectranthus and Begonias, 'Thread-leaf Alternanthera, Begonia acetacello plus others) to share with anyone who has the space in an area that stays warm enough for them to survive overwinter. My greenhouse is not adequately heated and I end up losing a lot of them. If you take any or all of these, I would like a cutting next spring if yours survive and mine do not. If you are interested, let me know how many (I have roughly 20 different plants) you can handle. Likewise, if you have an especially pretty coleus, impatien or Begonia, I would like to get a cutting now.

I am bringing some Spotted Wandering Jew and Begonia grandis, both hardy, for general distribution. I also have several black stemmed ee's that look like 'Black Magic' but are more hardy and spread prolifically. I got this at one of our plant swaps, so if anyone knows its id, let me know.

For special trades I have Heuchera 'Black Currant', Heucheralla 'Solar Power', purple Oxalis triangularis, the arums Amorphophallus bulbosa and 'Konjac and arum Sauromatum venosum, Lemon Verbena, Monarda ' Raspberry Wine', Salvia 'Cherry Chief' aka 'Navajo Deep Red' and can dig Wood Salvia koyamae, variegated Soloman's Seal, Dutchman's Pipe (Pipevine). Salvia 'Black and Blue', Canna 'Bengal Tiger', etc weather permitting.

The only things I am currently looking for are Hecheras or Heucherellas I do not have, arums other than the three listed above, especially Arisaema dracontium "Green Dragon' since mine turned out to be Sauramatum, Butterfly Pea (Centrosema virginianum, not Clitoria), variegated hostas or anything you think appropriate.

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked Ralph Whisnant
  • loisthegardener_nc7b
    8 years ago

Hi elsiefay, I'm sorry, I missed your offer of echinea. If you see this in time, yes, I'd sure like a plant. If not, no problem. Is there anything I have that you would like?

Hi Tammy, so glad you can come after all!

Original Author
    8 years ago

Hello Ralph,

I would love to have a couple of black elephant ears.. and to contrast it, the Pereskia "Lemon Vine plants. Thanks!! Much !!

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    8 years ago

We are here! I hope I have every thing because the truck is packed!

Woodsworm, I do already have two of the single lavender rose of sharons, but thanks for the offer. The phlox doesn'T look too good but it has large root ball.

• elsiefay
    8 years ago

loisthegardener,Got the echinea for you .See you there.That's fine.

Original Author
    8 years ago

Welcome to Raleigh Country girl..

• lisianthuslover
    8 years ago

Ralph could you set aside the lemon verbena? I can dig a hosta for you. I have some coleus. I can bring you some cuttings.

John, I just saw your comment about Brenda's apricot tree. VERY EXCITED about it!!! Hopefully my Mom won't kidnap it. The blooms look gorgeous from what I can see on the internet.

Gail, I am glad you and Dave had a safe drive.

Anna: what kind of irises? are they named?

My husband just asked me if he needed to get the trailer ready...omg. I am such an addict. lol.

Thank you John for making this event possible!!!

• CasaLester RTP, NC (7b)
    8 years ago

Ralph, we are very interested in Oxalis triangularis. Do you see anything valuable on our trade list?

8 years ago

Here are our confirmed trades:

Countrygirl_sc
    Forsythia 'Kumson' and Lantana 'Miss Huff' for pots
    Elsiefay
    Colocasia 'Black Magic' and Lobelia cardinalis seeds for Crinum bulbispermum
    Karen Hause
    Datura metel seeds for Sedum 'Tricolor' et al
    Lisianthuslover
    Eucomis 'Sparkling Burgundy' and Lantana 'Miss Huff' for Oenanthe 'Flamingo' and Kniphofia

Seeds as requested: Anna_8nc, Garden veggies

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked CasaLester RTP, NC (7b)
  • anna_8nc
    8 years ago

Sabji,

I will bring the herbs and iris. Casalester, thank you for the seeds.

• lisianthuslover
    8 years ago

Magickmare: I have for you stella d'oro (a BIG clump), I did not find the weeping willow sapling in my yard. I do have french pussy willow cuttings I can bring for you if interested. I also have Newberry bright moon daylily which is a late bloomer daylily...very green, lush and a quick grower...interested? And, if you do not see anything on my list that you don't already have or want then maybe a Japanese painted fern, or in the Spring I can bring you some named Irises. I just added about 40 new named bearded irises and a few will need to be split. I just saw your updated list and I was wondering if you have pulled anything aside for me from earlier posts. I was interested in the variegated lily of the valley, ogon sedum starts, mojito elephant ear, sweet olive, and now to add the green Japanese maple. Let me know. I know it is late in the game but I do not mind digging in the morning. You can message me if you would like or fb pm me. Thank you!

• MagickMare
    8 years ago
    Sabi - the mojito is yours - I'll see if I can grab the other as well!
    Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked MagickMare
  • MagickMare
    8 years ago
    elsiefay - what was I bringing you for the black bamboo?
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Magic mare, Thanks! for another mojito!!! I have your weeping willow cuts,

Anyone else wants the weeping willow cuts? Reply by tomorrow 8 am.

• Ralph Whisnant
    8 years ago

Sabji - two black stem ee's and a Lemon Vine cactus; - Kim, Lemon Verbena for hostas; - and CasaLester, axs Oxalis triangularis for a Rosemary plant?

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked Ralph Whisnant
  • tamelask
    8 years ago

Brenda- so sad you can't come! :( thank you so much for the anemone, though!! can i bring anything to send back with your proxies?

country girl, i don't have much of the sedum lineare left right now. i'll make a note to get you some in spring. we had our eucalyptus cut down in the spring b/c of its size and so much winter damage 2 years running, and the guys really trampled that area, and that's where the lineare was. so i need to let it come back.

ralph, so glad you're coming! i can try to overwinter some stuff for you. i've not had good luck with coleus, but plectranthus and alternathera do fine in my greenhouse.

anna, it'll be nice to see you!

lois- thanks! :)

looking forward to seeing everyone!

• lisianthuslover
    8 years ago
    magickmare: did you mean me (lisianthuslover-Kim) or Sabji for go on the trade. I'm sorry to sound as if I am begging but I just needed to know to have set aside for you before I leave my house.

Ralph - yes!
  • elsiefay
    8 years ago

magick, Hot pink crepe myrtle,varigated lily of valley.If you have run out of these that's ok.

8 years ago

Ralph, confirming Rosmarinus 'Hill Hardy' for Oxalis triangularis.

• MagickMare
    8 years ago
    lisianthuslover- remind me what I'm bringing for you? I can't find my note on this
  • lisianthuslover
    8 years ago

I wrote this last night.

Magickmare: I have for you stella d'oro (a BIG clump), I did not find
    the weeping willow sapling in my yard. I do have french pussy willow
    cuttings I can bring for you if interested. I also have Newberry bright
    moon daylily which is a late bloomer daylily...very green, lush and a
    quick grower...interested? And, if you do not see anything on my list
    that you don't already have or want then maybe a Japanese painted fern,
    or in the Spring I can bring you some named Irises. I just added about
    40 new named bearded irises and a few will need to be split. I just saw
    your updated list and I was wondering if you have pulled anything aside
    for me from earlier posts. I was interested in the variegated lily of
    the valley, ogon sedum starts, mojito elephant ear, sweet olive, and now
    to add the green Japanese maple. Let me know. I know it is late in the
    game but I do not mind digging in the morning. You can message me if
    you would like or fb pm me. Thank you!

• lisianthuslover
    8 years ago

I believe the first message was in the beginning of September.

• lisianthuslover
    8 years ago

I am digging and preparing until 11am. so let me know what you would like for the trade. sorry for the late update. ;)

• anna_8nc
    8 years ago

Lisianathuslover,

The iris are not named. I have some purple bearded iris and a vigorous blue iris that is not a bearded iris. I will bring some for the general swap.

8 years ago

Yippee! We'll be there, rain or shine or anything between!

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
  • Karen Hause
    8 years ago

Did anyone save seeds from tomatoes this year? I am looking for mortgage lifter, Cherokee purple or any ones that taste good.

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    8 years ago

Karen, I have tomato seeds but they are not from this year. I have used older tomato seeds in the past and they've been fine. Cherikee purple harvested 2011 and kosova harvested 2014. I'll bring both.

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked loisthegardener_nc7b
  • lisianthuslover
    8 years ago
    On the way!
  • loisthegardener_nc7b
    8 years ago

Thanks everyone for a great swap!

Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC thanked loisthegardener_nc7b
  • Karen Hause
    8 years ago

I have all the plastic table wear, cups and so forth that was left behind. I will bring it next time.

• Karen Hause
    8 years ago

Lois ,John and Magic Mare...movie we were talking about is' Secret life of pets'

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    8 years ago

From the description, I thought it might be 'Garfield 2', lol.

• tamelask
    8 years ago

someone left a few plants (some iris, coral honeysuckle and something i
    don't recall off the top) and a pair of glasses. i have them and i live
    just around the bend from the park. let me know! also, someone left a
    square glass baking dish behind. pm me if you know who did or it's
    you!

8 years ago

I think it may have had the deviled eggs in it, I took the aluminum foil out of it to wrap my ladle...If so, it is elsiefay's.

• tamelask
    8 years ago

ok- i will just hold onto it until i hear from whomever about how they want to proceed. i can hold it til the next swap, but i am liable to forget to bring it...

• elsiefay
    8 years ago

Tammy , Tammy just keep the dish or give it to someone. I have several of those.See you in the spring.Thanks!

• Karen Hause
    8 years ago

Casalester..could you please tell me the name of the dark green sedum that was in the one pack that I gave you. It looks like this one. Thank you.

8 years ago

Karen Hause, have you seen the flowers of this sedum? If so what color are they? We don't have a fully authoritative answer but have some strong leads regarding its identity. We'll write more about this, but the flower color would provide additional clarification.
    Incidentally, side-by-side comparison makes us more convinced that your blue sedum is S. hispanicum not 'Blue Spruce'. We'll write more about this, too.

• Karen Hause
    8 years ago

It has not flowered.

8 years ago

Karen, we wrote out our thoughts on this sedum on the main forum - since this should be more of general interest.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH