SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glibra91

Sink Dilemma, Now Lost

Gayle P
6 years ago

So we have been without a kitchen for 8 years now. Started moving things along and have changed recently from a copper farmhouse sink-bronze fixtures to a cast iron- pewter fixture. It was a big decision and we thought we had the perfect sink. Because we changed the countertop color also , we went to the plumbing supply today to narrow a color of the sink. It turns out that sink has a large apron front and when I stood in front of it, it was not at all comfortable for me and I had to lean over into the sink. The apron sits about 2 1/2 " off the face frame of the cabinets. That doesn't make much sense to me as I always thought one reason for the farm sinks was to get closer to the sink and easier on your back. I don't see how this accomplishes this.

'Does anyone have this sink that can help me figure this out? I really want the right side drain, and not many have that. I would like a sink with very little overlap from the cabinet so I can get up to the sink without leaning into it. This is putting a huge strain on things right now. So please any advice would be great. I'm attaching photos of the sink specs and how it was sitting on display. Maybe it was not a great display, but the self trimming stops the sink leaving the overlap. The photo with the light cabinets is the look I would want, however those sinks have holes in the sink and we have planned on faucet on the quartz. The blue/green photo is how the display looked and that was very uncomfortable to lean into.

Comments (10)