SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mermanmike_gw

Help solve a sink base dilemma

mermanmike
11 years ago

So I have a new concern taking up space in my mind. Some of you might remember that I was struggling to decide between using my vintage drainboard drop-in sink or a different model. Well, I had decided to use a more standard apron front farm sink. I even bought it; its in my workshop right now. But as with almost every other decision I've made, I questioned myself, and redecided. So I am as certain as possible at this point that I want to use the vintage drainboard drop-in.

BUT

I already ordered my cabinets; they'll be here any day now. And I bought a sink base for the apron front. The size will work well for my other sink, but as you probably know, the apron front sink base just has a flat panel rather than a fake draw detail. I've always been somewhat annoyed by the fake drawer thing anyway, and I'm not a big fan of the sponge tray, so this may be a blessing in disguise. Nonetheless, I don't know how to handle the big chunk of painted cab. Do you agree that I need a plan for it?

The cabs are beaded inset in an ivory tone that Medallion calls white chocolate.

My partner is a very skilled carpenter, so DIY is no problem. I just don't know what I want it to look like. My first idea is to cut one of those old-fashioned looking vents into it, where there are a few horizontal lines routed into the cabinet. Opinion? Do you have a particularly beautiful one to show me?

I am open to any suggestion at this point. Maybe you even think it would look good without any particular treatment at all.

Thank you as always for your design advice and insight!

Comments (6)