SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepatty

Why don't they make movies I want to see? What's your dream movie?

maggiepatty
6 years ago

I love going to the movies, but I rarely can find one I want to see. I fail to understand why movies for my tastes are so few and far between in mainstream cinema. This country is full of middle aged women who (judging by me and my friends) are dying to go to the movies if only they'd show movies we want to see.

I went to see a "date night" movie tonight--Idris Elba and Kate Winslet in The Mountain Between Us. Before it began we had to sit through ten trailers of dystopian sci-fi/super-hero/explosions and car chases that made me want to avoid the theater for the next six months.

I like suspense, romance that isn't rom-com, BBC-type mysteries and dramas, ghost stories, history and adventure that isn't just about battles--lots of things. There is so much good TV for my tastes, I just don't understand why there are so few movies. Surely it's harder to create several seasons of Mad Men, Homeland, Outlander, The Americans, Downton Abbey, etc. than it is to create movies.

What kind of movies would you like to see? I'd like to see mystery/romance/suspense with actors age 40+. And I'll include this photo of a young Patrick Stewart, just because...

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer