SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syntria

Indoor Grow Setup - Need Suggestions

syntria
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello GardenWeb peeps!

I posted here a couple of times in 2014 and 2015 when I had a home and outdoor garden. Here's one of my old threads.

I've since moved to a tiny apt but plan to get another home next year. However, I'm not going to let that stop me from growing! I'm also documenting a lot of it again on my YouTube channel. Some of the best assistance and inspiration I ever got was from this amazing place so I'm happy to be back.

Let me describe the setup I have now and get some suggestions. I'm primarily wanting to grow herbs and leafy greens for consumption however I also would like to start some peppers for balcony gardening next year and try my hand at an indoor cherry tomato plant.

The lowest level has a wide 4-light setup, 32-watt T8's. On top I have 6 (3 per fixture) of the same. On the 3rd level, I got a cheap LED panel to do some experiments with. (See here). I am also going to try my hand at some kratky hydroponics. I'm currently soaking some lettuce seeds in PH 6.0 water but two days in and I see no tails. I'm wondering if my seeds are old.

I just bought a few items - 10 Heavy Duty standard sized trays with no holes (the ones I'm using now are the flimsy type), 5 heavy duty trays with holes, 5 packs of sprout mixes, 1.5 and 3 inch net cups, maxigrow hydroponic nutri mix. I already had rock wool, hydroballs, and a lot of other materials.

This is an open discussion and I welcome any sorts of questions or ideas!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County