SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnyjj9b

Need narrow, tall, cat proof grow light setup

ginjj
12 years ago

I have done a little propagating of seed and cuttings with my Hydrofarm 4' light setup. I had it in the cold garage but decided it should be inside my warm house even though I using a heat mat and cover.

I have two questions - will I be happy (your best guess) spending more $$ on 2' growlights/florescent tubes, and buying a 5" metal rack from Home Depot or should I just try to make do with the setup I currently have? I would rather this hobby take up less space in my small extra bedroom.

The second concern is my two indoor kitties. I think it would be easier to keep them away if the plants were higher up- I know I may need to construct some sort of barrier.....

I need something that is easy and quick to setup. I've seen how you can suspend lights and hood with chain from these types of racks.

I can't wait to plant zinnias, marigolds, and who knows what else. I still have tall marigolds blooming (yes it is 65 in San Jose right now) and had given up on marigolds because I thought they were too common - I was wrong!! Of course the huge variety of zinnias you can get online is amazing and they too put on a spectacular show all summer.

Happy New Year and thank you!!

Ginny

Comments (9)