SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

HP Envy Netbook Sudden Low Sound

chas045
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have an~5 yr old HP Envy Netbook using Win 10. It has Beats Audio Speakers. Internal sound was always OK and reasonably loud and able to be heard across a room if necessary.In recent years, I more often listened via jack connected headphones or a bluetooth external speaker; but had somewhat recently used the internal speakers without issue.

Yesterday I finally decided to try using the computer to stream to a TV via the Netbook's HDMI connector. I had been using the bluetooth speaker and realized (duh) that the sound was still from the bluetooth speaker. I turned bluetooth off and my streamed video sound came thru the TV well as expected. However, when I went back to computer use after disconnecting from the TV, I noticed that the internal speakers were tinny and much quieter than expected even at 100%. I can't swear that the issues are related. It is certainly possible that the sound had been low for awhile and I might not have noted the decrease at my most recent previous use, but it seems to be a related problem.

I looked for updated drivers and the search said it was working and up to date and installed in July. I then uninstalled the driver via device manager and rebooted the netbook, but the sound was still poor as before. Any ideas?

Comments (3)