SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boyztown

Undermount vanity sink sizing help

Jen Pfifferling
6 years ago

Hello...

I was looking at a Cabico 48 inch bathroom vanity that has a center door width of 18 inches, with a 15 inch draw (with door below) on each end (15-18-15)

My first designer quoted the Cabico vanity with these adjusted demensions so to give more width to the draws (I didn't know this until I questioned the price difference between 2 different places).

A 2nd designer designed the "same" vanity with a 12-24-12 configuration, as comes standard. This makes the interior draw width around 7-7.5 inches.

I hadn't realized the change the 1st designer made until I questioned why her quote was so much more than the other.

When I asked the 2nd designer to make the change to 15-18-15 she said there would not be enough space for a sink. She said I need a minimum of 24 inches.

I have also had a quote elsewhere on a Decora brand that had 15-18-15 standard from 2 separate designers. Neither these Decora designer or the 1st Cabico designer ever said anything about difficulty of a standard size undermount sink being an issue.

Just when I think I have finally found a vanity that I love, something else pops up!!

Anyone have any any thoughts on this?

thanks!!

Jen

Comments (3)