SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenfish1234

Bedroom Dilemma: the Big, the Bad, and the Ugly

greenfish1234
6 years ago
Doesn't it seem like we always leave our bedrooms for last? Here I am, with an otherwise pretty put together house, with two IKEA dressers shoved together (one of which needs regular repair for bottoming-out drawers), and not a thing hanging on the walls. So what do I do? Buy the biggest antique armoire I can find, of course (The rest of the armoire is hopefully on its way, full picture attached for reference). My idea was to nestle it between my bathroom and closet doors, then buy a low, long vintage dresser to replace the two IKEA jobbies and paint it blue like the sideboard in the attached picture. No I am wondering if I need to put the armoire where the IKEA dressers are and go for a smaller dresser between the doors. Anyway, let's have some fun with this room, and address the following along the way
1) move the armoire?
2) artwork or what over the bed?
3) Need a quilt for the end of the bed and probably shams for the euro pillows that ties in colors: blue/grey walls, purple floors and shades, cream. Already tried and returned PB Chelsea quilt bc it had no purple and predominant blue was too close to wall color.

Comments (842)