SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_roy55

pepper fruits from cross pollination

Paul Roy
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

simple question: when cross pollination occurs, whether by chance or intentionally, between pepper species, do the resulting fruits themselves bare characteristics of the cross pollination or are they perfectly normal looking fruits of the "host" variety buy containing seeds which will grow to give plants that will then have fruits with a mix of the two parent species? also if thats the case, would all the seeds in one cross pollinated fruit give the same results or are they all unique in their "blend" of the two parent species?

reason im asking about fruit appearance is that im growing several pepper species in my container garder and some, such as my sweet yellow banana bell are turning up red and spicier than expected while growing next to a birds eye pepper tree. also an orange bell pepper plant gave fruits that are smaller and crooked in shape a little like the habanero close by.

ive included a picture of some of my peppers: the yellow banana bell that turned red, one banana bell that grew upwards and my jhabanero and two birds eye peppers. i didnt have any of the orange bell pepper on hand.

so?

Comments (3)

Sponsored