SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosie1949_gw

Wake up call for me!

Rosie1949
6 years ago

Ok, I have read recently that this has happened to others but now it happened to me.

Yesterday I was "tending" violet leaves and babies. I had this one leaf (actually there were several) that had been fine for a few weeks and then last night it was mushy rotten. heavy sigh.

As I picked up the leaf to toss it, I noticed this little, teensy, weensy piece of green something. Hmmm, algae on a piece of perlite? My imagination???? NO!!!!! Those roots had started to produce the smallest start of a baby! They weren't even mouse ears yet! They were about the size of the sharpened point of a pencil!!!!!

I didn't see it until I threw it in the compost baggie and it flipped over ! I dug it out, got the tag, separated the gunk carefully from the baby and its roots and gently replanted it in a kcup. Whew.

I was thrilled and it is such a small speck of green I wonder how many of them I have thrown away!!!

So I continued on tending my leaves when lo and behold,,,it happened again!!! I got to tell you that these are almost microscopic!!!! But I planted it anyway with all the roots I could. WOW!!!

I have read about the mother leave dying and leaving her babies, I have had that happen but the babies left behind were old enough to continue!!! But I don't think anyone ever meant they were this tiny! I still cannot believe I was able to see them being this microscopic!

Well, hopefully they will survive!!!! Rosie (who tries to save them all !!!)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living