SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_marie_hans

Would you put a prep sink here?

Jen Hans
6 years ago

Wondering if putting a prep sink here would be outrageous. In all honesty we don't follow the "prep, cook, cleanup" zones, and are just looking for a secondary sink that we can use to not get in the way of the other large sink (needing to get something wet, draining pasta, etc). So it is OK if it doesn't quite meet the "zone" requirements. Most of our prepping will be done to the right of the sink, so that we can talk to the "audience" at the island. We use a good mix of the oven, range, and electric cooking machines that will be in the appliance garage.

I would consider removing the pull out pantry to the left of the ovens if that would make or break anything. There is 36" between the ovens and range, and between the range and cabinets to the right of the range. There is 30" to the right of the large sink. The island is 48" wide.

Looking for pros and cons to that location. We are a two person cooking household with 2 small children.

Other location or layout suggestions welcome, BUT appliance garage is a must, sink must stay in same approximate location, island must seat 4+.

P.s. I know most of you do not like 3D drawings. I do not have a current 2D drawing. SORRY!

Comments (29)