SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrbarnard

Harvey flood person - need kitchen remodel help

Russ Barnard
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello Houzzy peeps! So, not MY house... my Aunt's who means the world to me. So.. oh.. first off, been busy as all heck, but dropping in and reading once in a while. I'll do an OT later to catch you all up.. lol. So, this is for my Aunt. She had her 100 yr old house flood in 2015.. 2 story house, all you could see was the top foot of it. Now, after Harvey, and sorta recovering from that, lifting the house like 2-3 ft, Harvey came in and planted another 3ft of water. She needs a break and cannot afford a whole heck of a lot. Insurance just does not pay much for a 100yr old house with this sort of history, but they love the house.. so do I.. and so.. I need help here. This is a total blank slate. The keys to her heart are this: 1 - She wants a stove on the "left wall" 2 - She wants a sink on the back wall under the window. 3 - She wants a fridge on the "right wall" next to the bedroom door. Now, nothing can move, i.e. the doors and windows are what they are. This is about making as functional as possible of a kitchen and at as low of a cost as possible. Any drawing help is appreciated. The measurements are as close as I can get. I took "outside to outside" on the door and window trims and made this as close as I could get. Any disparities on measurements can easily be made up with removing or adding trim. So, ideas? Be nice.. she may read this thread.. heh Oh.. and going to post another article in one of the forums about the structure of the house,. There are some issues and while I am trying to convince her wonderful husband of what to do, right now they are distraught and trying to find the fastest way back into the house. Me, I want the safest way back in. Thanks guys! Will post an update on what I have been doing, besides this, in another thread tonight! :) Russ

Oh.. and wow.. the site has changed.. took me a while to find my topic :P

Comments (23)