SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

Once again, my kitchen "just works"...

Anglophilia
6 years ago

I had house guests last night - came around 5:30 and left around 10 this AM, so two meals - dinner and breakfast.

Once again, I LOVE my new kitchen! It works SO well with multiple cooks in the kitchen. Due to my pulmonary problems, doing the entire dinner by myself would have taken a long time - I just can't move very quickly due to shortness of breath. This couple are very close friends from our years in St Louis - haven't lived there since 1981, but we're still very close.

Having 4 walls with counter space, makes such a difference! I was assembling the salad while my friend was putting the glaze on the salmon we were roasting, and her husband was cutting the ends off the asparagus and cutting it into pieces. At NO TIME were we in one another's way! This morning at breakfast, my SIL and two grandsons came (DD was out of town on business - such a shame as these are her godparents). Again, no one in the way with various people helping do breakfast.

It is such a joy when something one has obsessed over (yes, TKO!) for a long time, comes together and works so well. A galley kitchen is very efficient for one cook; two is stretching it a bit. Three? You're kidding! I love having 4 walls, with counter space on each. No, it's not an eat-in kitchen, nor is it "open concept". Yes, if the kitchen were longer or MUCH wider, a table in the kitchen would be nice. But I have a lovely breakfast room right next to it, with the DR on the other side of the kitchen. If someone is in my kitchen and not helping, then please go sit down in the LR and I'll call you when dinner is ready!

I love all my counter space and my rolling island/cart - a great "landing" zone for innumerable things. My kitchen is just a true pleasure for cooking. SO glad I did it...

Comments (19)