SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_reavis

Unused Sun Room - what to do with this space?

Hi,

I have a home that is very compartmentalized. The dining room, office/gym, living room and sun room are all walled off. It is not an open concept home.

I have a sun room that I am just not sure what to do with. I've put a dining table in there, and a sofa and now it has my husband desk. But nothing feels right....

The issues are:

-Room has a ton of light from almost floor to ceiling windows. Blocking the windows with furniture darkens the home overall.

-The outside door needs clearance to open. This door is used frequently.

-Theres an 'alcove', it is 60 x 10, and can make furniture placement awkward.

-The room opens to the kitchen and living room, so its not private enough for a tv, and makes office calls difficult.

I thought about getting a built in desk for my husband in the 'alcove' and trying to set chairs around the space in a circle as a sitting room.

Currently there is a dining room light in there, since that was what it was originally. We've raised it but I dont love it.

the dimensions are 9 feet wide and 13.5 feet long. Just like every other room in this house!

Im going to paint and replace the floors (grayish) but the curtains will stay. Light can go.

Thoughts? thanks in advance!!!

Comments (7)