SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krisbry

Feedback on Second Round of Plans

Kristin S
6 years ago

Hello all - we just got our second round of plans from the architect and we like them a lot, but I'd love more sets of eyes on them. You all give such great feedback.

The site is a 20 acre lot, of which we can only build on this area because of environmental overlays (the lots are close in to the city and designed this way to protect the watershed). Previous owners got started putting pylons into the ground and this house is designed to use them; they're designed for significantly more load than we'll be putting on them, so it's both a cost savings and an earthquake safety measure. Out the back you will have views of the forest and two mountains rising above; the location of great room, dining room, and master bedroom are set to take full advantage of those views. House will be occupied by me, my husband, and our currently five-year-old daughter. My husband frequently works from home. The bottom floor of the house is a large car storage garage and lifts for his very serious car hobby. We have a side elevation from the last round that I'm not posting since it's not updated, but it will be remarkable similar. We'd still love to bring square footage down a little, but it's not easy to do and still work with pylon locations.

Thanks!

Comments (36)