SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldauf61

Second Go-Round. Asking for Advice, Please

mbaldauf61
8 years ago

Hello.

I've posted previously about our situation and had posted an earlier floor plan. DH and I decided since we like our current house plan so much we are basing our new floor plan on the existing plan. The good news is we're moving along. The bad news is I can open and print it but I can't save it or anything else because it says it's too large. I'll continue to work on it and try to post it but I've added a few changes and would really appreciate any feedback and ideas. If I can get the designers copy to post I will also do that.

We are family of 4. DH is legally blind but does pretty well in a very well lit area. DS is 15 and has Autism and we homeschool and he attends a wonderful Homeschool enrichment program part time. DD is 24, lives at home because she works with DH and is primary driver for him to work and home. I'm blessed with 2 very good children and a great hubbie!

The lot is a rectangular, corner lot. I've added a hand sketch below. The county is requiring us to have the front door facing south. There is road frontage on 2 sides - south and west. Screen porch will be enjoyed most of the year but is also for DH and DD who are deathly allergic to wasps. The back bedroom will actually be our 'school room'. We all like to cook and enjoy family time together as well as entertaining so a nice kitchen is important to us.

In our current house we like the separate 'wings'. We would add a large solar tube in the kids hallway for natural light. In kitchen island will be trash - siligranit sink - DW (left to right). Dish drawers behind DW facing dining area.

I just stuck windows in the second plan so please just use them as a general idea not as they will be built.

My idea is to have small windows (craftsman style?) above the cabinetry on either side of the fire place. I'd really like to see if there is a better layout for the master bath and closet.

The roof-line/elevation will be fairly simple and sort of low country look. It will be finished once we are ready to finalize the floor plan.

Ideas are welcome!

Sunnny

P.S. In my previous post Lavender Las posted a great plan which I reworked and although we aren't going to use it I thought others might want to see it. Our plan

is posted below... followed later by LL's very modified plan.

New House · More Info
New House · More Info

Comments (17)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm