SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abq1989

hardwood flooring opinion Bruce HD Carob Maple

Abdul Syed
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

HI all,

I am looking to install about 800 sq ft on the main floor of the house. The areas being installed will be high traffic: Kitchen, foyer, and living/dining room. With a specific design in mind I came across the following hardwood flooring sold at Homedepot by Bruce.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bruce-American-Originals-Carob-Maple-3-4-in-Thick-x-3-1-4-in-Wide-x-Random-Length-Solid-Hardwood-Flooring-22-sq-ft-case-SHD3745/204468684

The reviews have really thrown me off and left me with the following concerns:

1. Darker stain wood and visibility of scratches/dents

2. The pitting and manufacturing imperfection stated in the reviews

3. difficulty in finding someone to refinish aluminum oxide down the line

The color is exactly what i was looking for but very hesitant due to being high traffic with Kids and just a busy household during weekends.

I am willing to up the budget and get something higher end like Lauzon but I cant seem to be satisfied with the color options and I think I will have the same reservation about going with a darker stain. Also I much prefer the look of maple over Oak. I am going with gray cabinets so wanted a deep brown stain but I am open to other opinions along with advise on the quality of the Bruce flooring stated above.

Other manufactures I have been exploring are : lauzon, Superior, and Mirage(I think its out of my price range).. looking to stay around the $5-$7 per sq ft price range.

Located in Chicago if that makes a difference or if people have suggestions of where to shop for better options.

Thank you for your time.

Abdul

Comment