SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richardrgalvan

Oil to Gas Conversion

6 years ago

Hello,
We moved to Northern Toronto last month. Our new house has an oil water heater that is well past its expected life and an oil heat pump for the 1st floor that is well past its expected life. Nearly all the houses in the neighborhood use propane gas for heating their homes. I have no idea why the previous owner used electric in ours. When I talked about this to our neighbors I could find out that they all used heating oil when their houses were built in the 1950s but converted at some points. May be natural gas wasn't available at the time when our house had its last renovation.

So we are thinking about a renovation and would like to consider extending the gas line to my house. As we are only 20 feet from the street, I don't think it will cost much. I have done a thorough research on the companies and has chosen an Oil to gas conversion service in Toronto.
What I wanted to know is that, If I convert to natural gas heating, can I keep my oil tanks for future use? And also What are some additional gas-conversion costs that may be my responsibility?

Comment (1)