SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
senoj004_gw

New American Standard HVAC system install - Quote Help

SenoJ004
12 years ago

Hi, I was hoping for some subjective information about my oil-to-gas conversion and quote.

Existing Conditions:

-1918 Two-Family House (each floor/unit approx. 1,400sf)

-Gravity fed hot water, oil boilers and cast iron radiators

-hot water heater

-gas line exists

My Request:

-Removal and disposal of two boilers, all radiators and related water piping, two oil fuel tanks and oil fill lines

-Install direct vented gas furnace to both living units (basement for 1st floor, attic for 2nd floor)

-Furnish and install 7-day thermostat.

-Install AC unit to both living units.

-Install direct vented 40-gal high efficiency hot water tanks for each living unit.

Quote:

-Remove and dispose of both boilers and oil tanks and all piping and radiators.

-Installation of (2) American Standard Freedom 95 gas furnace with a 2 1/2 ton cased air conditioning coil. Furnace Model # AUH2b060A9V3VA. (one in basement, one attic)

-Furnish, install, seal and insulate all duct work to all floor registers and return registers. 1-1/2" duct insulation in basement, 3" in attic. Return vents will be installed in all bedrooms and living room.

-Furnish and install all direct venting, low voltage wiring and including a 7 day programmable thermostats.

-Installation of (2) American Standard 13 SEER 2 1/2 ton condensing units. Model # 4A7A3030D1000A (Allegiance 13)

-Install (2) 40 gallon direct vent hot water tanks, Bradford White. Furnish and install all venting and gas piping to unit also all water piping.

Price (includes both living units):

Furnace and AC: $22k

Hot Water: $2.8k

Questions:

1. What is your opinion of the complete system?

2. Any opinions on the individual units (furnace/condensing unit/hot water tank)?

3. Any recommendations for changes and/or upgrades?

4. I believe I will be purchasing the furnace and condensing units (not included in price) so am interested in the cost of these units. It looks like the furnace gets a nice rebate, but I don't think the Condensing unit or water heater do. Without knowing the cost, I don't know if it would be better to upgrade to an Allegiance 15 cond. unit, as I think it has a rebate.

5. Does the cost look reasonable?

Any information, opinions, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin

Comments (9)