SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcwehby

Living Room Furniture Layout Suggestions

Luke Carter
6 years ago

I am looking for suggestions on the best ways to layout furniture in my future Living Room (Approx. 19'x17'). My fiancee and I are currently in the process of building a home and we just recently started framing this week. The biggest dilemma we have come across is where to place the TV (above the Fireplace or next to the Fireplace)? We also really like a Sectional Chaise Sofa or larger Sofa in which we can both lay down on.

We are open to all ideas as we are planning on purchasing several new items for this space. I am posting pictures of the floor plan as well as some basic design sketches we have come up with for the space.

As for the TV, which location makes the most sense? Place above the fireplace or in the corner of the room? Definitely would love to hear ideas on what to do with the corner and what kind of Furniture to set it on or even wall mount the TV there.

Note: The column leading into the kitchen is deleted and that counter will be flush into the Living Room space from the Kitchen. The sketch shows this look.

Thanks!!

Comments (14)