SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trashcanman

New build thread - long lost cousin to FLW?

Michael Lamb
6 years ago

It happened, we closed on our construction loan today, 3 months after putting an offer in on the lot. Hard to believe we went from some loose requirements to a full set of plans and a construction contract within 3 months.

I told the architect I wanted a modern contemporary home for a family of five, and he came up with this plan. I said I wanted something unique, that makes you wonder what it looks like on the inside. I did not say that I wanted something that might resemble a FLW house, but it just kind of turned out that way.

Only change that is not in these plans is a skylight at the end of the upstairs hallway, which will take up the entire width of the hallway.

The builder will be applying for the permits now, estimated completion date at this point is April 2018.

Thanks for all those that commented on my previous floorplan threads, I did incorporate some of those suggestions into the house. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd still like to hear them, but changing the exterior footprint or foundation of the house at this point is not really an option.

Comments (44)