SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalennoxa

Is everyone living on Facebook?

Okay, I'm pretty internet savvy. I've been on Facebook for around 10 years, so nothing new. But I've been on somewhat of a self-imposed exile from the site for the past few years due to a few things, including a big drama which is just a whole other story. I was also a bit judgemental about just how navel-gazing that world is. But got sucked back in - originally by my street - which has a private Facebook group to keep people aware of what is going on. Then by Bunz, which I just discovered and am using to list some of my stuff as I declutter. Then decided to update my profile and posted a photo album of my garden...

The response has been crazy. Just a day and 60 Likes of album and counting. Childhood friend from forever ago gets in touch - says he is dating a former co-worker of mine from 10 years ago - by the time I finally get back in touch with him, they are no longer together. Family pops in and starting multiple conversations. People posting they are "sad" and everyone expressing condolences on another friend's page - I think someone has died, did I miss the memo? Another old friend wants to "re-connect". And then the whole Bunz thing is crazy too - things I couldn't give away on Kijiji or Craigslist - people are scrambling and running over to trade stuff for! I've already scored 3 bottles of wine, homemade tomato sauce and apple butter, 2 cartons of orange juice and some money just over the weekend. And I'm getting stressed because I feel like if I'm not on every minute, I am missing something. Just what I was afraid of - Crazy!

Comments (48)