SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamela_oryshchyn

Countertop delimma

Pamela Oryshchyn
6 years ago

Hello! I'm new here... spent the better part of last night reading through several threads trying to gleen as much wisdom as I can from the group regarding countertop choices. We have been planning to use an inexpensive Quartz option but now I'm scared that we are taking a huge risk not knowing how it is manufactured. It's a Q by MSI color, the Iced White. I have an email into them through facebook asking where it's made and am waiting to hear what they say.

I was startled to hear of people having experiences with their quartz countertops chipping and showing heat marks from dishwasher heated items. It makes the quartz sound downright fragile! The reason I had decided to go with quartz was because it is supposed to be less fragile than granite! Now I am not sure. I'd love to hear from folks who have had experiences either way with either material to help in my research. We have already put money down but it's with a company that sells both so I think I can switch pretty easily to granite if that ends up being the safer gamble.

Comments (11)