SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecdiskin_gw

Almost finished white kitchen...backsplash help!

ecdiskin
13 years ago

Thanks again to everyone who gave me feedback along the way. We love the new kitchen! It's just not quite done and I'm back for more assistance. You can see link below for pics of space. We went with madres pearl quartzite counters on perimeter--which we love. It's very soft grey/green--blends perfectly with the BM Nantucket Grey island and hutch and the wall color we chose (Plantation Moss from Olympic/Lowes). Anyway, b/c we loved the counter so much I let them install the 4" backsplash that was included even though I never intended to! We just wanted to see more of counter. I've never really been a fan of tile above splashes--I've always thought you do one or other, but now I don't know what I think. B/c of the niches we put in above stove and sink, we must tile at least those as corners/edges were never intended to be exposed. I painted walls for now and had mirrors put in recesses which DH and kids really like but I'm not sure if that's a temporary or permanent solution--wonder if I should do some sort of focal point tile work in those and subtle subway elsewhere? It doesn't look finished to me. Anyway--looking for ideas and input, thoughts, suggestions. I don't want the tile to compete with counter, I could have 4" splash removed, I know I want subtle and timeless, but that's all I know. Thanks again for all the help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchen!

Comments (11)