SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qofmiwok

Help me with my master bath layout?

qofmiwok
6 years ago

I'd love some advice on my master bath design. I tried a ton of layouts to come up with this one, but now that I see it in 3D it's not quite what I expected. It's in a very high end house, and I pictured a light filled spa feeling bath. But it seems tight and not as open and bright as I thought. The wall with the door to the outside faces south into my backyard. The east faces a house but it's a ways away and doesn't face us, and there's trees, so privacy isn't much of an issue.

- I'd like to keep it in these dimensions if at all possible, 11'2" x 20'5", with the entry door near the closet and not the bedroom area. (I was just in a hotel where the bathroom opened right off the side of the bed and it was so obnoxious.)

- The main part of the shower now is 4'6"x4'6", with a 30" opening area.

- The wall with the door to the outside faces south into my backyard. The east faces a house but it's a ways away and doesn't face us, and there's trees, so privacy isn't much of an issue.

Requirements:

- Space for my stand-alone infrared sauna

- Large (not mega large) walk-in shower with no door. If I have to, I could ditch this and go with some glass. Just hate glass. I'll never clean it regularly and it will have spots. But I could do it and use a frosted glass if it would make the layout better.

- Door to the outside hot tub

- Space for bench and hooks, towel bars

- Toilet in room (We never use but it's considered a big faux pas here, in this price range, not to have it)

- Storage: About 8' of vanity. I put a tall cabinet to the left of the vanity but don't need that; mostly did it for separation from the toilet. But need some linen closet, either a built in one like is there or a cabinet one.

- I don't want a tub, but wanted to leave space for one. So someone could put a tub where the sauna is. Or I thought if I wanted a tub in the future it could go in the corner with the windows. I had been picturing that a real cool looking standalone spa tub to give it the spa vibe (if I did just go ahead and put it in now). But it's seeming too tight.

My architect did warn that the 3D images sometimes give the wrong impression in this regard, and thinks it will be OK. But I'd like to explore other options.

Comments (9)