SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thornworn

Amazing Grace...amazing flower form!

Moses, Pittsburgh, W. PA., zone 5/6, USA
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

What do you know about Amazing Grace?

It came to my attention the other day through an Heirloom Roses promotional email I received on Amazing Grace. Heirloom Roses churns out promotional/quasi-informational emails almost daily.

What amazes me about Amazing Grace is its flower form.

The center of the bloom is quartered like an OGR, and recessed a bit within cupped petals surrounding it, much like the blooms of Earth Angel. Then, to top it off, the outer most two or so rows of petals are quilled!

It appears to have great depth of bloom, almost as high as it is wide.

I dislike flat, pancake blooms. Look down upon a flat bloom and it is lovely. Look at it in profile, and it is just a wiggly blob of color.

People who keep discus fish get to see the spectacular fish in all its beauty when the fish is sideways to the viewer. When it is viewed head on to you, you are looking at a pretzel stick! Its the same idea with flat roses. That's why I don't favor them, flat roses, not discus fish. Discus fish are out of my league. I'm a guppy man.

The bloom form of Amazing Grace is extraordinary to me. Amazing! It has quite a few things going on, giving the observer a special kind of visual experience. Besides all this, it is reported to be exceptionally fragrant.

I think Amazing Grace is worth a trial here. What do you say?

Moses

Comments (17)