SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jencaljil

Adjacent Pantry-What food do you keep IN kitchen?

B Carey
6 years ago

I'm trying to finalize my floorplan and already working with KD on kitchen plan to make sure it works. I have not seen her plan yet. I asked for a baking cabinet, which I plan to house my flours/sugars/mixer/etc. I will have a large 5*8 pantry right next to the kitchen...no rooms between kitchen and pantry but not the "corner pantry." I will also have a larger pantry in the basement for Costco stockup runs and my jars I've canned.

I would imagine my pantry will hold the majority of my food. So I got to thinking, what food items do I "need" to keep in the actual kitchen? If I am making spaghetti, I would just go to the pantry space and get noodles and sauce. My fridge of course will hold the majority of condiments.

It seems logical to keep snacks and cereal in the pantry space, but maybe not bread and an open jar of peanut butter? With what I want to keep in my kitchen plus a larger stove, separate double oven, all my pots and pans, plates in drawers, larger fridge, etc....and the large baking cabinet, seems like their won't be much room left for food storage. I thought I had planned a large kitchen too! There may be room for one of those 24-36 inch pantries with all the pull outs in the kitchen space. But then, I am wondering if I will spend more time figuring out if the food is in that or the real pantry!

If your pantry was 4 steps from the kitchen, what food would you want to store in the kitchen?

Comments (33)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES