SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

Houston Harvey check-in

lowspark
6 years ago

I have heard from a couple of friends that I need to check in. Sorry it's been so long!!

Hello all my gardenweb friends!! I'm fine!

I'm in Houston and in fact, in one of the MANY subdivisions that were hit especially hard. But by the grace of God, I am dry. Water came within one foot of my front door, and 1" of the top of my foundation before the hard rain finally stopped. It did rain NON-stop for days. It rained hard nonstop for many many hours. So many of my friends were affected.

I cannot tell you how lucky I feel. I spent this evening (after returning to work for the first time since Friday) helping a friend whose house had waist-deep water.

I've lived through many storms but this is the absolute worst horrific nightmare I've ever experienced. And believe me when I tell you, no matter what the toll, it would have been 20x worse had an evacuation of Houston been ordered. We're talking 4 million plus, just in city limits, and millions others in suburbs. Just not doable.

So, again, thanks to all who have inquired and all who are donating. Harvey was devastating but Houston is strong and we will, as always, pull together and do whatever it takes to come out of this.

I'm still a-cookin' as always! This site is blocked for me at work which is why I'm not on here as much anymore but I'll try to check in more often from home.

Take care, all!

May

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!