SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hardlymyname

Epoxy grout really worth it?

Jean H
6 years ago

I've been reading this forum for months, deciding what I want for my eventual master bath remodel. I appreciate everyone who shares opinions, experiences, and professional expertise. The information is invaluable!

I had the owner of a bathroom remodeling firm come out recently to work up a plan and quote. When I said I wanted epoxy grout, he sort of pooh-poohed it. He said grout today is much "harder" than the old grout, and that the tilers hate using the epoxy grout and it's much more expensive. I have a 35-year-old bathroom, and told him keeping the shower clean is a real pain point for us. He also pointed out that with rectified tile, you have very small grout lines.

I haven't gotten any numbers from him yet (so don't know the cost), but I wanted to ask again (I know this has gotten much discussion) about how big a difference epoxy grout can make in ease of upkeep. I plan to have porcelain tile in the shower and on the floor. Also, is it important to have the epoxy used on the regular floor, or just on the tile in the shower?

Thanks so much for your opinions.

Comments (18)