SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilneverends

Decor On A Shoestring-The Bragging Thread:)

aprilneverends
6 years ago

OK so there's been a diiscussion..an interesting one..that kinda inspired several of us to think of this kind of a thread.

Whenever someone has a specific question, or a room or a house to discuss, or looks to find something specific, or looks for inspiration or ideas or sharing information about how to do-it-yourself something, in short, any question that would end up being here probably anyway, but that suggests a limited budget. And the hint for their desire to be on limited budget is right here, in the name of the thread.

Whether this someone doesn't have a lot of money, or has it, but you know, has other priorities as well, or plainly gets a kick of( btw everyone's welcome to tell me "April, your use of English is incorrect here and here"..)) ...in short enjoys finding something that's cheap, or old, or cheap AND old..:)..or is talented and crafty and handy to share with others-wow, how did you do that?..

Now, everybody understands "limited" in according to his own needs, wants, and priorities, so pointing out the specific budget is cool, when asking a question. If it's relevant to the question itself.

And of course as always-pictures are extremely helpful.

here's the discussion that started it all

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4824685/jeeshrejected#20644781

Everybody can open such thread-just start it with "Decor On A Shoesring..." and continue with your own agenda.

Other posters will know right away whether the thread is something they'd be interested to participate or not.

So. I just wanted to open the first thread and see how it goes. Right?

And as I don't have any specific question right now..

I decided to dedicate this thread to bragging:)

because I remember one poster saying she bought a sofa for 600$ but wouldn't mention that

I thought-well why not:)

(oh I know the 13 reasons why(c) but I feel like not following them in these threads. Let them be a bit different, in that regard)

so. I'm going to brag about a sofa I bought for 60$..:)

(yes, sixty dollars)

Craigslist of course. And usually while I buy a lot a lot on Craigslist I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to sofas.

But this one was clean. And loked like new. And pink. And velvet! Pink velvet sofa for sixty dollars! I felt like I'm a five year old again-what a great great feeling

and it was lightweight and even fit in the car! (the bigger one)

actually we bought it since we needed to furnish my MIL's apartment

but I was secretly hoping (very bad of me I know) that she won't like it or it won't be comfortable, and then we'll buy her a new sofa and this one, I'll have for myself

Well guess what? she loved it and found it really comfortable, so hers it is

but I still get to brag, don't I?:)

so I don't have pictures of it in her apartment. But I saved the pictures from the ad

(I took a nap on it several times. I approve.)

Well. Now-your turn to brag:)

Comments (88)