SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_laurie71

Help with front windows and design please

Michelle Laurie
6 years ago

We are renovating which turned into rebuild. The structure is in place but I am having trouble falling in love with the front of the house. From the photo, when looking at front door, the room to left and bump out area are both bedrooms. To right of bump out is a closet. We must have egress windows in the bedrooms however I'm hesitant to put too much window as we have very little set back from the road and I want to maintain some privacy for the bedrooms. I'm tempted to remove closet window though designer thought it made front look better. We have all windows along the back of the house which has great view of mountains, lots of steel/modern beams and columns and walk out basement (so house appears 2x size at back). Any suggestions on the front window configuration to go with a modern look? The house cladding will likely be black steel with cedar wood accents and grey concrete exposed at base (though nothing decided yet). While not visible in the image, the bump out is suspended on front and similar one is on side of house as well. Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)